Wednesday, 20 May 2015

EXP 3 - WEEK 3

The Plan

From Corbusier's 'Villa Savoye' (1931)


From Coubusier's 'Villa Savoye' I took elements of his various floor plans and fastened them to create a hybrid plan/section. 


I then took this plan and put it into SketchUp, where I then extruded the plan in section.




However, I need to develop this plan further to ensure my building is not just an extrusion from a section. 

I've taken the section into a ground plan, and started to build it up on SketchUp as follows.

Aerial view of the basic plan

Closer aerial shot of basic structure

Close-up of the bridge to NIDA, which are the offices for academic and general staff

Close-up of the bridge to the International House, which is the lecture theatre and the meeting room for students

The above all stem from the hybrid plan above. Each 'arm' is a different bridge to a different area of lower campus. E.g. Arm 1 = NIDA, Arm 2 = Gym, Arm 3 = International House, Arm 4 = Blockhouse

Draft Lumion Environment

View from Anzac Parade: draft library and corridor to the offices for general and academic staff

View from International House: draft lecture theatre (upper floor), meeting room for students (lower floor)



No comments:

Post a Comment